A little stress is always a good thing: it can be a motivational push that we need to do things. Sometimes dealing with exam stress can be a difficult thing. Almost 20-25% of all Universities are seeking help for study related mental health issues, it’s clear that we are under too much of pressure. Sometimes the pressure you are in can help you be focused and other times it can cause a serious problem.
- Feeling focused
- Losing touch with friends
- Feeling moody and low
- Having trouble making decisions
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Lack of motivation
- Trouble in sleeping or getting out of bed
- Tense muscle or headache
- Having upset stomach
- Feeling sick
- Nail biting, etc.
Why do people experience stress during exam?
- Worry that they might fail in exams
- Want to score really well
- Don’t feel prepared
- Don’t have time to study
- Need to get a certain result
- Find it hard to understand what they are studying
- Don’t think they will do well
- Feel pressure from the family to get good scores
It is very important to understand that passing exam is only a part of the story, and there’s always a second chance or another way to that will help you reach your goals.
If you’re feeling stressed about exam; you’re not alone, you can always talk to someone and find solutions to cope up during exams.
How to work on stress on the exam day?